Skip to main content

Give Dad a Pampering Massage

Wow, Facebook is flooded with photos of fathers today, being Fathers' Day. Hmmm... I hate to admit that I started my Fathers' Day crochet marathon verrryyyy late, two days ago, to be exact, and working only in between chores after office work. As a result, I was only able to finish eight items.
Featured in this post is a pattern I have already used to crochet soap savers, just like what I did last year as gifts for Fathers' Day. I'm referring to Moogly's Pampering Massage Soap Saver which I featured in my post entitled, Mommy's Choice

Using variegated cotton with different hues of blue
I love the design of the Pampering Massage Soap Saver. See the puffs? These are clusters which I so enjoy making. 

 See the guide I used as shown by the tablet at the background. I refer to it once in a while as I work.

I love the shades Tamara used for her model but I didn't have any similar color in my stash. Well, I thought that since this project was intended for fathers, I decided to use different shades of blue for two kinds of materials--- cotton and yarn. I also combined white cotton with blue yarn to create the variegated effect. 

Except for one. I used forest green yarn. I like its texture so I thought it would make a gentle scrub on the skin during bath. 


Now, here are the Pampering Massage Soap Savers I was able to make for the past two days. Different sizes, yes, depending on the type of yarn used.


I’m also featuring the new pattern I used for the Mug Cozy I made as I have already sorted the photos in my albums. 

Have a great week ahead!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful gift !!!!!
    Thanks for you visit !
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! I have always loved your creations!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much - yours all look great! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.