Skip to main content

Savoring the Beauty of Tanah Lot | a Rock Formation in Bali


One day in November of 2013, I was so blessed to enjoy the breathtaking view of the rock formation by the sea. Tanah Lot, that's the place. Home of a pilgrimage temple, the Pura Tanah Lot, is known for its panoramic view of sunset in Bali, and has become a popular tourist attraction. As a matter of fact, I fell in love with the place the moment I first saw it on TV during the 2013 Miss World Beauty Pageant held in Bali last year. That's where Ms. Philippines - World (Meagan Young) won the crown!

The temple (photo above) sits on a large offshore rock
which has been shaped continuously over the years by the ocean tide.

That's me 😀 at the entrance of Tanah Lot

Oh yes, I was given this rare opportunity to travel to Bali, Indonesia by the hospital where I work in order to attend the Ethics in Research Conference held at Sanur Beach Hotel. It was a one-week respite from office work that I so enjoyed with some colleagues. That explains my previous post entitled, "Gone for a While" which has seemingly given me renewed strength to get back to reality. In that post, I mentioned about coming up with some surprises and this is one of them--- sharing some of the beautiful places I've been to.

Ready to take a tour with me? Come right on!

In order to go to the temple, one has to walk all the way toward 
the end of the stretch of land on the left.
Here, I took a closer look at what's on the other side from where we stood. Then one has to go down to come near the temple situated on top of the big rock which I showed in the photo above.


Coming closer and closer to our destination... wait, let's pose for a while to take a shot. Oh, how I loved that view from afar! Vantage point! I could still imagine it with my eyes closed!

Perfect view of the rock formation from afar

Finally, we reached the place --- the beautiful rock formation at Tanah Lot.

Now look at hubby taking a video while approaching the rock formation. 


Here take a closer look!


Ooooppppssss.... lest I forget... it’s my turn to take his photo 😀


Here are photos of the gigantic rock where the temple stands. 




 I felt dizzy walking along the stony ground, trying hard to evade the mud 
so as not to soil my sandals! 






Now I'm all smiles. Why not? See the exotic Tanah Lot!

This was as far as I went. I didn't cross to where the temple was located as I had to step on watery, slippery rocks and mud (!!!!) in order to see the exact site. It may not be as captured in my camera, but in reality, believe me, it is a real beauty!

Since I was not able to take a photo of the temple sitting on this rock, I googled for one. Here's a perfect view of it from the left side of the rock.

Photo taken from wikipedia

Finally, here's more of the exotic Tanah Lot in a video taken by hubby.

Well, did you enjoy walking along with us while watching the video? Did you see how the tourists tried to capture the waves as they splashed on the rocks? Did you hear that part where somebody fell while walking on the slippery and muddy rocks? 

It's a pity that during our visit we were not able to get a taste of the beautiful sunset as it was masked by some slight downpour of rain. But even with the light rain, one couldn't miss the wonder of this nature in the picturesque island of Bali. 

Our travel wouldn't have been complete without R and R 😀
Here's me with my colleagues.
 These photos were taken after the conference, of course!


As I wandered around, God impressed upon me these verses:

"The earth is the Lord's, and all it contains, the world and those who dwell in it.
For He has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the rivers."
Psalm 24: 1-2

Glory to God for such a beauty! All praises to Him for this blessing!
========
Linking to:
Weekend Bloggy Reading

Related post:
The Uluwatu Temple: a Taste of Bali

Comments

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.