Skip to main content

Shell Stitch Spring Hat

Hello there! I'm so excited to show you the very first hat I ever crocheted.
 
For this project, I used the Adult Spring or Easter Hat Shell Stitch Cotton Hat with Spring Blossoms by Cre8tion Crochet. I confess that the first time I saw Lorene's spring hat from All Free Crochet, I went restless in bed thinking of a good substitute since I didn't have a whole skein of white in my stash.

Good I had this yarn given by Aunt Marly two months ago! 
What a very nice and perfect gift because the color was just an appropriate match to my outfit during our summer outing! I started working on the hat three nights prior but because I would end up sleeping while watching my favorite TV series, I wasn't able to finish the project in time for the event. I traveled to the resort still crocheting the last two rounds of the hat. The place was not very far. We arrived there before I could finish the last round. So instead of exploring and enjoying the place immediately, I still had to work on the last few inches of slip stitches before I could wear the hat during our photo ops. 

First, here's a photo of my hat, minus the spring blossoms. I still need to dig for some pieces from my stash box. Oh, by the way, my colleagues suggested I added another round to make the brim wider to protect my face against the heat of the sun. I did as they suggested.
But let me tell you a little secret. I have to confess I made a mistake in Round 4 where I lacked 2 DCs which later would form one shell. It was too late for me to unravel some rounds as I didn't have the luxury of time anymore. The mistake made the hat a little tight when I tried it on. I thought of making some changes in the pattern, so in Round 12, instead of just making only 4 DCs, I made 6. That created a ruffled effect on the brim. Not bad!

See the photo below? My colleague posed wearing the hat while I was hurrying to make the last few rounds.
Madame Chit posing with my unfinished hat on
Now, here are other photos of me (wearing my hat) with my other colleagues taken in Mi Terraza, a private resort located at Antipolo, Rizal.
Me with sweet and pretty Charisse
Daisy took a photo of herself with my Spring hat on and made some artistic twists on her photo.
See this---
Daisy with my Spring Hat on
Isn't that cute? We sure had an enjoyable time bonding, playing games and enjoying the food together. 

Enjoy your weekend!
=========
Linking to:
Life on Lakeshore Drive
Weekend Bloggy Reading

Comments

  1. What a darling hat! Thank you for hopping on board The Great Blog Train! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the ride, Marci! Hope I could get another ticket for the next trip!

      Delete
  2. So cute!! I'm definitely going to be making myself one of these hats. Thank you for linking up on our blessings day!

    Many blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! If you make one, make sure to fasten some flower blossoms to make it a real spring hat. Mine still lacks some adornments.

      Delete
  3. Your hat is adorable! I love the color. You did such a fabulous job. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you share with us. Happy Friday!!
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that, Kathy! It's a pleasure to share our talents.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.